Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sydney’s Baby Quilted

With my newest little granddaughter here, I knew I had to get her baby quilt finished
 
I had some pieces left from another project, and it was just enough to make this darling quilt
 
This fabric was from a Daisy Kingdom line that I got for $1.00 a yard when it went on clearance. It is actually dress fabric for little girls. I cut apart the striped fabric that was meant for the skirt of the dress, and incorporated it into the border.
This little quilt is for Sydney, our latest granddaughter, and since she came into the world early she is very small. I avoided using cotton batting by Warm and Natural, since it would be a little too much weight on her, so I used a polyester batting by Morning Glory. It made the quilt so light and fluffy.
This batting was so nice to hand quilt through. I pieced yellow sashing strips and used a coordinating fabric for the blocks.
Here you can see a close up of the adorable fabric I used. It has little paper dolls all around the border.
The newest addition to our family, little Sydney! She is our tiny angel! What a beautiful gift from God!

1 comment: