I was working on a commission project recently; it was designed as a wall hanging and to add a little bit of creative flare I thought I would add some buttons to the appliquéd flower. The only problem is that I could not find any buttons that I liked. So I decided to make my own.
Here I used a simple bug stamp that I stamped on some plastic that I cut out of a used milk jug. I used black permanent ink and also punched a couple holes in each one for sewing the button on later. They were then baked in the oven and set aside to cool.
When cooled I added a layer of Glossy Accents and let it dry and then added another layer and let dry. Then I glued on some lovely rhinestones to add sparkle.
I decided on the Lady bugs in the end, and I attached them by sewing them on with Pearle cotton thread. Then a little hand embroidering and the piece is coming together very nicely, I think.
This is one of those pieces I would just love to keep for myself, but I suppose I could make another!