Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bunny Kisses

Bunny Kisses
I can’t believe Easter is around the corner. It is already February and it seems like it has been a really long and cold winter here in central Minnesota. I am so anxious for spring. As I got started on my new art I began with some canvas panels I picked up at the craft store. I picked pale lavender for the background and added a little white paint on the surface. I wanted a very soft appearance so I am using light colored papers for the bunnies. After gluing them down and letting it dry I outlined the shapes with a black gel pen and added squiggles and lines.

The gel pen usually dries pretty fast, but I like to let it set for a couple hours to give it plenty of dry time. I should probably mention that I painted a little more on the canvas before I glued the papers on. I added yellow and a darker purple paint that I applied with my fingers.  

For shadows I like to use Gelatos. They have such a creamy texture, and blend so well on painted canvas. I rub them in with my fingers, and if I need to remove some, I use baby wipes. They are very forgiving to work with. With a purple gel pen I added a heart shaped nose and black for the eyes.

I am almost done, but I felt it needed more, so I painted them in a garden of flowers and added text. I sometimes print words on cardstock and glue them on the surface of the art. This is the last step I do, along with some glitter for sparkle. Now my fun time is done! “Bunny Kisses” is for sale in my new Etsy shop at https://www.etsy.com/listing/177408363/home-decor-mixed-media-art-painting?ref=shop_home_active_16 Take a peek and visit often! Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment