Sunday, August 2, 2015

New painting project


I have had this project in my mind for awhile now and decided it was time to give it a try.


I brought all of my painting supplies out and started by painting the boards. Then I hand cut my papers and made some sweet little frogs and painted cattails in the background. 


I love to add words to my art. Just little quotes or phrases. With a very small curved scissors I cut my letters freehand. I think it adds to the whimsey of my art. 


After all the papers are glued in place I might add more painting. Then I just love to take my black gel pen and outline the shapes and add cross hatches and squiggly lines. Then I go in with markers for shading or maybe some of my gelatos too. I think it is about finished. The houses went to one of my daughters and my sweet frogs are now available in my Etsy shop. These works of art look beautiful hung over a door or window. My daughter hung hers on a header separating her kitchen from her dining room. She told me she wanted to hang it where she could see it all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment