Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Denim Shoulder Bag



Here is my latest shoulder bag. I used a pair of little girl’s jeans that had some beautiful embroidery work going down the legs, and I recycled them into this bag. I had some left over upholstery fabric from recovering a few chairs, so I combined them and added thread painting and braid.


I told my daughter to watch garage sales for some cool looking jeans with embroidery and this is what she came home with. The knees were shot, but I could work around that.

I knew there was a project out there for this left over material and this is it.

Here is where I took the fabric to my Juki sewing machine and thread painted a feathered plume down the side.

I cut a pocket off the seat of the pants and sewed it onto the side of the bag. It is great for a cell phone or keys.

Here is a detailed picture of my work. I think it looks great with the additional braid I added around the base of the bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment