Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Victorian Crazy Quilt - True Love

 
As I got further into this project I started to create blocks with a theme. I was working on this on during the month of February, so I had the idea to do a block with the word “Love” in it.
 
 
By embroidering the word, “Love” and including a small heart it added more visual interest to the block, and made your eyes search for more.
 
 
Here you can see a good example of the over stitching of one colored embroidering thread over another. The mixing of these different colors helps in adding dimension to certain areas within the different blocks.
 
 
This is a good example of the different kinds of fabrics used within this project. I used velvets, cottons, satins and some pretty bridal fabrics.
 
 
Once I started to get comfortable using the beads, it was so much fun to see what I could create with them. Here I made the leaves for the flowered vine.
 
 
I really enjoyed the feather stitch. By adding rows and rows of feather stitching, I was able to fill in a large corner of this block and add additional texture.
 
 
More is always better on Victorian quilts and by adding the crystal clear beads along the length of the flowered vine, it made the actual block sparkle even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment