Saturday, September 22, 2012

Nine Patch Quilt

 
I think we have all done it at some point in our quilting where we have a favorite color, and it seems to appear in a lot of our quilt projects. Well. For a while my color was purple. I found this quilt pattern in a very old magazine, and saw that it was a two block quilt and quick and easy. I had six very small children at the time I made this quilt, and my time to spend quilting was limited.
 
 
I used the same lavender fabric on the backing and a fluffy polyester batting. I quilted rows of rainbows throughout the top and I remember I couldn’t wait to remove it from the quilting frame to see the back when it was finished. All that hand quilting on light lavender fabric really made my stitching show up. When the children were small we would turn off the lights and lay under the quilt frame with a flashlight and look at all the pretty stitches on the back of the quilt. I was at a museum once, and got caught lying on the floor under a quilt that they had up in an antique quilting frame.  I just wanted to see the stitching on the back of the quilt. You may be thinking…weren’t you embarrassed when you got caught?  Heck no!  The view under that quilt was great!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment