Monday, November 26, 2012

Victorian Crazy Quilt – Wheat Harvest Block - 13

This block is again one of my theme blocks. As the quilt progressed certain blocks were identified from a particular image that I had incorporated into it. 
As the three sprigs of wheat ended up being the main identifying image on this block we called it, “Wheat Harvest.” Each grain of wheat was embroidered with the petal stitch, and then to give it more sparkle I added a gold glass bead in the center. I then embroidered a pretty blue ribbon to tie them all together.
It is so much fun to be able to work with such a large variety of beads. Here I used the frosted hearts to embellish this small row.

An over lapping latice work of threads can add interest to the block by just switching out different colors of threads.
Although the wheat in this block was the center theme, I wanted to add more interest. Here for the fun of it I incorporated a running vine of purple grapes. Each grape was filled with deep purple glass beads.
I never tired of trying new stitches and embellishments. The color of the threads, the multitude of different stitches, and the beautiful glass beads made this quilt a never ending story.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment