Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Liz's Halloween Journal


I love to make journaling books. They remind me of being a little girl, when we had to write story books for school assignments. A couple of years ago I wanted to be a little creative, and made a special journal for my daughter, Liz. She is very artistic, so I thought I would make her a journal that she could use to add her own little drawings and sketches to.

As her most favorite time of the year is the Halloween season, I based the theme of this journal on that.  Since Elisabeth is also an artist, when I did this project I only used about ¼ of the pages of the book. The rest were to hers, add her own artistic creations to the book.



I drew several pictures throughout the book, to keep the theme going and to give her inspiration to add her own.


It always amazes me as to how personal and sentimental these projects become to me.


On some of the pages I just added some whimsy.



Around this time I had just received a laminating machine from my daughter, Barb. Here I made some bookmarkers that Liz could use in her little journal. I had some trick or treat paper bags that I bought on a clearance rack and added it as a pocket to hold the bookmarker.


Here I played with a little torn paper on this page.


To give this page a different look I glued down some orange tissue paper, and added a bit of torn core paper and some rubbings.

I think I love Halloween just as much as Liz does. I always drew for my children when they were small and wanted a picture to color. This book is a little treasure for Liz, and gives her many happy memories of childhood.   

No comments:

Post a Comment