Monday, July 2, 2012

Scrapbook Paper - Grape Harvest


This is a background that I am working on for a photo collage. Here is my step by step progress......


When Joe wasn't looking I took some more of his mat board left over from one of his framing projects. I thought I would make it an 8X10. I started with a sketch of grapes and vines.

I used “Crayola Twisters” to color in the leaves and grapes and accented them with my “Sharpie” brand makers. I then drafted a one inch grid on the diagonal, and then sketched in quilt lines.


I have found two kinds of gel pens that I like by "Jelly Roll" and "Glaze." They even come in glitter and metallic. I proceeded to cover the grapes in a deep purple and accented the vines and stems with gold.



I wanted to give it an antique look so I then layered the edges and quilt stitches with yellow ink by "Memories".



I had some harvest stamps by "Creative Imaginations" so I stamped in some text and also added some little leaves to the vines with brown ink.




No comments:

Post a Comment