Sunday, July 29, 2012

Victorian Crazy Quilt - Summers Jewels


When I started this project I had been using a book by Judith Baker Montano, Elegant Stitches, for a reference guide. She gives wonderful examples of step by step descriptions and the photography is beautiful. There are wonderful resource books on the market that you can look to for inspiration. Your local library can also be a great outlet, if you don’t want to invest the money into more books.


This was my first attempt at making grapes, on the green satin fabric.


I was very pleased with the trees I stitched on this block, and the use of beads on the tips of each branch.


As I was always trying to find as many different beads as I could for each individual block. Bugle beads were great, because they came in such a variety of colors and different lengths.



Here is a wonderful example of using the shorter bugle beads in the place of stitches on these little trees.


I am still amazed at how the photography turned out when I shot all these pictures with my small digital camera. Isn’t technology great!


No comments:

Post a Comment