Monday, July 16, 2012

Scrap Book Halloween Spider Web


I am working on a new project. I plan to use the original drawing in a photo collage, but also wanted to keep a scan of my original to use to make some scrapbooking paper. I drew my artwork onto a piece of matt board. 



I took a little bit different approach in this project and used a quilting template after I drew a grid.  



I covered the grid with what appears to be stitching lines and then added some shading with my Crayola Twister colored pencils. 


I like the way the spider web appears to be hanging from the upper corner of the page. I decided on a Halloween look and added a little red shading in the bottom points of my background grid and then used a red fine point Sharpie pen to draw in some flames.


I gave it a bit of a spooky look by dabbing some black ink around the edges. This changes the freshly drawn look to appear aged. I just love the Memories brand ink products to do this, along with a thick stencil brush.



To continue with the Halloween theme, I added some bat rub-ons.



There we go – my Halloween art that I can take to my printer to make cardstock paper to use in scrapbooking or journaling.  And then I can use my original drawing to make my photo collage. My daughter Ruth has some great pictures of herself that were taken while she was in costume for the Renaissance. I can’t wait to get started on this piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment